Register of Interest
Our Nursery takes children aged between 3 and up to 5 years old:
- September 2019: For children born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 expression of interest is now open.
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, in order of priority:
- Children in Public Care – children taken into Public Care via section 20 or 38 of the Children’s Act. Looked after children or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Where the child has a sibling currently attending Fielding Primary School and the sibling will still be in attendance at applicant’s admission. Sibling refers to: brother or sister, half-brother of sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent/carer’s partner, and in every case, the child should be living in the same family unit at the same address.
- Children taking the highest number of hours per week.
- Proximity to school. The distance from home to school is measured by straight-line, from a point in the property to a point in the school determined by the grid references for the centre of the school’s postcode.
Main round admissions
Main round admissions to Fielding Nursery usually open on 1st September the year before starting Nursery the following September. Admission to Fielding Nursery is managed by the Governing Body. For children starting in September 2019, admissions open on 1st September 2018 and close on 15th January 2019.
Admission to Fielding Nursery does not guarantee admission to Fielding Primary School Reception Year
As children grow and develop they become increasingly independent and confident in everyday tasks such as toileting and hand washing and if your child is joining us in nursery for September please encourage and nurture this independence by offering encouragement and showing them what to do. If your child is experiencing toileting issues please ensure you let us know as it may be necessary for a care plan to be put into place.