Our Nursery takes children aged between three and up to five years old:
- September 2018: For children born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 please register your interest here: FieldingNursery2018, we will contact you once admission opens.
- For children who turn 3 during the Autumn term, you may apply for your child to start in January, subject to places being available, please apply here: January 2018 admissions. Admission round closes 29th September 2017, 9am
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, in order of priority:
- Children in Public Care – children taken into Public Care via section 20 or 38 of the Children’s Act. Looked after children or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Where the child has a sibling currently attending Fielding Primary School and the sibling will still be in attendance at applicant’s admission. Sibling refers to: brother or sister, half-brother of sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent/carer’s partner, and in every case, the child should be living in the same family unit at the same address.
- Children taking the highest number of hours per week.
- Proximity to school. The distance from home to school is measured by straight-line, from a point in the property to a point in the school determined by the grid references for the centre of the school’s postcode.
Main round and in-year admissions
Main round admissions to Fielding Nursery usually open on 1st September the year before starting Nursery the following September. Admission to Fielding Nursery is managed by the Governing Body. For children starting in September 2018, admissions are likely to open at the beginning of December. Admissions close on 15th January.
We may consider admission at any other time in the school year subject to availability, once a child has turned three years old.
Vacancies are filled from the waiting list using the admissions criteria. A vacancy is offered to the child with the highest priority on the waiting list. The position of a child on the waiting list can change when other children leave or join the waiting list.
Admission to Fielding Nursery does not guarantee admission to Fielding Primary School.