contact-us twitter arrow-right arrow-down search facebook map email close arrow-left arrow-up translate

Main Header

School Logo


Primary School and Nursery

Interactive Bar

Football - Boys

Tuesday 5th November 2019 - Featherstone

Today we took our Inclusive Football Squad to Spikes Bridge to take part in a football festival. All of the boys who came were a credit to themselves and the school. Everyone had a great day and gained some valuable skills as they took part in a number of football related activities. Thank you to Mrs PItcher who took some great photos of the boys scoring past Mr Winn.


Thursday 26th September - Featherstone

Today we took a team of 10 boys to this years Featherstone football tournament. The boys were excited to play in their first tournament as a Fielding team together and had a tough start against Derwentwater. After a slow start we found ourselves 2-0 down before finally starting to get in the game and getting a goal back. Unfortunately we ran out of time and lost our first game 2-1. In our second game against Wolf Fields we picked it up, played very well and won 2-0. We kept that momentum going in our third game against Tudor and won 1-0. Finally, we were up against Featherstone Primary knowing a win would see us qualify for the quarterfinals as runners up. We won 1-0 and made it through.


We had drawn Oaklands in the quarter finals, a team who were being talked about as potential favourites. It was a tough game and that prediction seemed fair in our game as they beat us 2-0 to end our run in today's competition. For a first time out though our boys did very well and should be very pleased with how they conducted themselves. Well done boys.


Friday 14th June 2019 - APNA

Today we took 2 teams to Norwood Green for this years APNA Youth 5 aside football competition and after a great year from our football teams were hoping to go far. We were a bit unfortunate with our draw as both of our teams were drawn in the same group but we knuckled down and got on with things. Our A team, consisting of our Boys Peal Shield winners had Hambrough A in their opening game. It took a couple of minutes to get into the game but eventually we settled and ended up with a 5-0 win. Our B team, which was made up of some of our Girls RSK Cup winners alongside Henry playing in goal, were up next against Berrymede B. It was a close game but our guys were excellent and won the game 1-0.



Game 2 for the A's was against St. John's B. It was another convincing win from the A's as they ended the game 4-1 winners. Straight after, our B's were in action again against Hambrough A. Another close game but the B's earned themselves another 1-0 win.


With 2 games left to play in the group, the A's had Berrymede B next and continued with their fantastic start as they powered to a 5-0 win. Again, the B's followed with a game against St. John's and they also got themselves another win. With both teams winning 3 out of 3 we knew both teams would be qualifying for the next round of the main competition as we were in line to finish first and second in the group.


The final game for the group was against each other. Fielding A vs Fielding B, with both teams wanting to keep their 100% start was going to be an exciting game. It started at a great pace and at the end of the game there was a winner - the A's won 5-0. It was confirmed, the A's finished top of the group and the B's finished 2nd and so both were in the last 16.


The A's were drawn against Three Bridges B in the next round. It was to be another fine performance as they won another game 5-0 in 10 minutes. The B's were also drawn against Three Bridges but had the A team to get past. It was a great game which was end to end. It ended with smiles all round though as the B's won 2-1.


Quarter finals next and the A's were up against Berrymede A. After a good start the A's found themselves 2-1 down before battling back to 2-2. The game eventually went to extra time and then penalties. The standard was high from both teams but Fielding held their nerve to win the shootout and progress to the semi finals. The B's were up against Downe Manor A who looked like a good team. Fielding went 1-0 down to an early goal but battled on. After putting Downe Manor under a lot of pressure they found themselves unable to breakthrough though and so were out at the quarter final stage. What an achievement though from our B team today!


In the semi finals, the A's were up against the Downe Manor team who narrowly beat our B's. They wanted to win this even more now! The A's had been growing in confidence with every game and that showed again as they won 5-0 to make it through to the final.


In the final we had Langley Hall standing between us and the trophy we last won 4 years ago.Langley Hall were a good team but the A's were just too strong as they went on to win the game 2-0.




We were ecstatic to reclaim the APNA Youth Trophy and were also extremely pleased to find out that Lily and Izzy from our B team were selected as part of the All Star team of the day. Then the icing on the cake was when Mateo from the A's was named as Player of the Tournament. A fantastic day from all of our footballers today and one they should all be very proud of. Well done!

Friday 18th January 2019 - Brentford FC Kids Cup

Today the boys football team travelled to Goals, Brentford to compete in this years Brentford FC Kids Cup. As always, the winner of the Kids Cup qualify for the South of England finals to compete for a chance to play in front of a packed out Wembley stadium so the boys were excited. First up we were drawn again Orleans Primary School from Twickenham. We started the day as we would have liked with a convincing 3-0 win. Next up was Darell Primary school from Richmond. Again the boys played some great football which resulted in a 4-0 win this time. Our third game of the group was another Richmond school in the form of St. John the Baptist. There was some excellent football on show from our boys in this game as we kept another clean sheet while managing to score 7 goals of our own. The final game of the group stage was due to be against Oldfield Primary but they had dropped out before the tournament started and so we were awarded a 3-0 win. After some solid performances in the group we finished the morning in 1st place to qualify for the last 16. 


Now we were through to the knockout stages so every game had the added pressure of being a must win! We were up against our first school from Brentford and started the game quickly. Eventually, after some lovely football we got the goal which helped us on our way through to the quarter finals. In the quarter finals we were drawn against Collis Primary from Teddington, the school we beat in last years semi finals. It was a very good game of football with both teams playing well. Collis had the better chances though and eventually converted 1 of them to make it 1-0. Although we tried our hardest there was to be no way back and we were out of the competition in the quarter finals.


Some great football from the boys though and so they should all be felling proud of themselves for representing the school so well.

Monday 12th November 2018 - Ealing Hubsite

Today Fielding hosted a Year 5/6 boys B team football competition. There were eight teams entered into the competition, including 2 from Fielding, all of whom were trying to do their best to end the afternoon as winners. Both Fielding teams were drawn in different groups and were aiming to finish in the top 2 to progress to the semi finals.


The Fielding Blue team were fantastic in their group winning 2 games and drawing 1 which was enough to see them finish top of their group. The Fielding White team didn't want to be outdone by their squad mates and did exactly the same in their group to also finish top. This meant that both teams qualified for the semi finals and avoided each other in the process. 


Fielding Blues were drawn against Mount Carmel in the semi final and Fielding Whites had St. Mark's in the other semi final. Both would be tough games, but both Fielding teams knew they could set up an all Fielding final with wins and so had extra motivation to win. Both teams were excellent and did win their games!!


In the final the teams could not be separated by a goal in normal time as the game ended 0-0 and needed to be won via penalty shootout. Even the penalties were close and went to sudden death as the scores were still even after 3 penalties each. Eventually Frankie stepped up for the Blues with a chance to win for the Blues if he scored. After missing a penalty in the previous round, the pressure was on but Frankie was determined to make amends and promptly converted the penalty to claim the win for the Blues. 



Well done to everybody who took part and represented their schools today, you all put on a great show.



Thursday 27th September 2018 - Featherstone



Today the boys football team travelled to Featherstone High School for this years Featherstone tournament. 20 teams were entered in the tournament with everybody wanting to start the year off with a tournament win. Fielding were drawn into a group with Featherstone, Havelock, Selborne and Berrymede. After playing every team once, the top 2 teams would progress into a winners group in the afternoon. Fielding were up against Selborne first and got off to a great start by winning 2-0. The second game of the day was against Berrymede which proved to be a very close game with the game finishing at 1-1. Game 3 was against Havelock and the boys got back to winning ways with a comfortable 3-0 win. Our final game of the group was Featherstone Juniors where the boys saved their best performance until last with a fantastic 6-0 win in a 7 minute game!


After a great morning of football we qualified for the afternoon group in first place. This meant that we were hoping for an easier draw in the second group as we would be playing against more 2nd place teams. Our first test of the afternoon was Wolf Fields. The boys started the afternoon as they ended the morning with a fantastic 4-0 win. Little Ealing were next in a game where our free flowing football continued to give us a 3-0 win. The final game of the group was against Featherstone newcomers, St. Mark's. Again, we were excellent as we won 3-0 once again.


We were very excited to learn that we had made the semi final stage of the competition and were drawn against Mount Carmel. We went down to an early goal and as much as we tried to get back into the game we were unable to. The game ended 1-0 to Mount Carmel to knock us out of the competition. We had a 3rd place play off game to play to end the day and wanted to end on a high so went into it with everything we had. We were up against Selborne who had grown into the competition since we played them earlier in the day. The score ended 1-1 and went to penalties. Our boys managed to keep their cools though and won the shootout 2-1 to secure 3r place and bronze medals. Well done to each of our footballers today for playing so well. Determination and resilience needed now if we are to improve on that in our next outing.

Wednesday 20th June, 2018 - QPR Leavers World Cup Tournament.

Having not being able to make this leavers tournament over the last few years we were excited to make it this year with a strong team made up of all our year 6's who we will sadly be saying bye to very soon. Their last ever tournament for Fielding was to be on a red hot day and was going to be tough.


The first two group games went very well indeed and resulted in comfortable wins and lots of goals! The last group game was a big step up in standard and it took us by surprise. We lost and finished 2nd in the group but still progressed into the knock out stages.


We got through the Quarter Finals comfortably and faced an extremely tough semi final against Wood End who have been the stand out team this year in Ealing, having won the Peal shield and numerous other tournaments. The boys knew the task ahead was going to be hard and everyone of them stood up to be counted for and battled for every ball! We scored 2 great goals and managed to keep a clean sheet in the process. Into the finals what a performance!


The final was against unknown opposition. All we knew is that they had been high scoring all day. We took the lead in the final but I think the semi final had taken a lot out of our boys and they bravely lost 7-4. A shame to finish the day with a loss but still a great way to sign off for Fielding as tournament runners up!


Well done to all our years 6's and thank you for all your hard work. Good luck to all of you in the future.



Friday 15th June, 2018 - APNA.

For this years competition we took 2 teams made up from our boys football squad. Some of the boys were getting their first chance to represent Fielding today and were excited to show what they could do. We have a great record in this tournament and were hoping to go one better than last year where we were beaten in the final. The A team were seeded 2nd after last years performance and were handed a straight forward route into the knockout stages. The B Team had a trickier route but still managed to finish 2nd in a very close group to progress into the knockouts.


The A Team passed with ease into the Quarter finals and were looking unbeatable until the last kick of the Quarter Final game. We were 3-1 up our goalkeeper, Joe, made an unbelievable double save while putting his body on the line for the team. Unfortunately for Joe, he broke his arm in the process and was unable to continue. He is already on the mend and we wish him a speedy recovery.


Everybody was shaken up from the events of losing our keeper and it showed in the semis and ultimately we lost 3-2.


The B team were not at their best today and were beaten in last 16 match by a team that they probably would have beaten on most occasions. However, they can certainly hold there heads high with some decent performances in the group.



At the end of the day, 2 of our players were selected as part of the team of the tournament, demonstrating the quality football that our own team played today. With a lot of our team made up of year 5's who will be determined to come back next year and go again we are very excited about our chances in next years tournament.



Well done everyone.

Monday 22nd January 2018 - Brentford FC Kids Cup

Today the boys football team competed in this years Brentford FC Kids Cup for the chance to represent Brentford at the Southern England Championship finals. There were 28 teams involved in the tournament who were split into 4 groups of 7 teams, with the top 2 progressing to quarter finals.


Fielding drew one of our local schools, St. Mark's, in the first game and got off to a great start as Rio and Mateo scored to ensure we won 2-0. Our second game of the day was Hounslow Heath, a team we knew nothing about. George stepped in as captain for Emile who although ill, was with the team and supporting them. George led by example as he got a goal which helped to inspire Mateo to 2 more goals and a hat-trick from Zach  to give us a huge 6-0 win. Our third game of the day was up against St. Stephen's in what was a very close game. Goals from George and Zach ensured that we drew the game 2-2 in the first game that we dropped points. Another tough game for us in fixture 4 against Stanley School was next. George and Zach were on the score sheet again, but this time we managed to only conceded the 1 goal which got us back on winning ways. Oldfield were the penultimate game of the group for us and gave us out first defeat of the day. A goal from Mateo wasn't enough as we conceded 2 to lose 2-1. After a little break and some time for reflection we were back on the pitch for our final group game against Chatsworth. The boys responded superbly to defeat as they scored 6 goals past Chatsworth with 3 goals from Mateo, 2 from Zach and 1 from Rio.


All of the great football we played and the results we got were enough to book ourselves a place in the quarter finals. We drew Wood End Academy, a team we know about through the Peal Shield so knew this could be a tough game. The boys put in another great performance though and won 3-1 with goals from Zach, Mateo and Alvaro.


In the semi finals we were up against a Collis team made up of Year 5's. However, this particular Collis team had just beaten the Year 6 Collis team in their own quarter final so we were not expecting an easy game from the Year 5s. It was very close throughout the game and the teams could not be separated at full time. However, at the end of extra time one team had won 4-1! Rio, Zach and Thomas got the goals that put us through the final!


Lots was at stake in the final. The title of Kids Cup Champions was up for grabs, but so to was the chance to represent Brentford against the Kids Cup champions from all of the other Southern Championship clubs. Fairhome were the other school that made it to the final. It was a hotly contested game but unfortunately we fell at the final hurdle. The final whistle blew at 2-1 to Fairhome which meant we were coming home with Silver medals. Although not what we wanted in the end, still something to be proud of as we finished in 2nd place out of 28 schools. Well done boys!

Monday 16th October 2017 - Ealing Hub

Today a Fielding Select VIII competed in a small event which was attended by 6 of our local primary schools. The event organised by Little Ealing, and hosted on our own school field was set up to give the children who have narrowly missed out on school squads this year the chance to still represent their school in a setting that was more about taking part than actually winning.




We saw some great football today which was played with fantastic spirit. We even had some very vocal support from some of our Year 1 children today as they stood on the sideline and cheered our boys onto victory!



Well done to everybody involved today from all 6 schools. We are looking forward to another event soon!

Thursday 12th October 2017 - Featherstone

Today we took the boys football team to Spikes Bridge to compete in this years Featherstone tournament. It was a new format of competition today with teams being drawn into 4 groups, with only the winner of each group progressing into the next round, which was another group. The 4 winning teams then competed against each other in another group for the right to go to area finals. We were drawn into a group with Dormers Wells, Derwentwater, Featherstone and Drayton Green and were up straight away against Featherstone. The boys got off to a great start as 2 goals from Mateo and 1 from Emile gave us a 3-0 victory.Our second game was against Derwentwater and again the boys played some good football and looked comfortable as they produced a 2-0 win with goals from Oliver and Mateo. Our third game against Dormers Wells was a close game with very little separating the teams. Eventually though we had a break as we won a penalty, which Thomas stepped up calmly and scored! However, the referee for some reason asked that the penalty be taken again. Thomas tried to compose himself for a second time but this time the keeper saved it and the game finished 0-0. Our final game was now even more must win than it would have already been and against Drayton Green we were solid in getting a 1-0 win with a well taken goal from Oliver.


Unfortunately though, even though we hadn't lost a game and didn't concede a goal we finished the group in second place and so were out of the competition. We then went into an afternoon group for the remainder of our fixtures which gave us the chance to play more games but without the chance of progressing further. In the afternoon we won 2 and lost 2 and was able to learn more about ourselves in terms of our strengths and areas for development and so have lots to work on in our upcoming training sessions. Well done boys, we played well today but were unfortunate not to go through.


Friday 16th June 2017 - APNA Youth

Today we took two 5-aside teams to the APNA Youth football tournament in at Norwood Hall. Last year we entered the tournament for the first time and won so this year we were hoping to reclaim the trophy that we had to give back a couple of months ago.


Fielding B were up against Three Bridges A in their first game of the day in a game in which they struggled. It was a tough start which resulted in a 2-0 loss. The second game of the day was Berrymead A and the boys had a chance to get their first win. It was a close game but we eventually got a goal and saw the game out to win 1-0. Our final game of the group was against Three Bridges B who were looking almost as a strong as their A team. The were strong as they beat us 3-1. After all games were played it was the top 2 team who went through to the cup competition, and the bottom 2 who went through to the plate. We finished in 3rd and went through to the plate.




So in the last 16 we were drawn against Lady Margaret. The boys realised knew that they had has a slow start in the group and from the start of the game seemed determined to put that right. A fantastic performance followed as we won comfortably 7-1. In the quarter finals we were drawn against Berrymead B. After beating the A's in the group we were feeling confident, which ultimately could have been our downfall as we lost 2-0 to crash out of the competition. The B's had a good run in the tournament and demonstrated some great football along the way. Well done.


The A team were up against Drayton Green A in their opening game of the tournament. The A's did start well as they played some great football to win 2-0. Next up was Hamborough B who looked slightly out of their depth as our boys started to go through the gears and won 4-0. We had qualified for the last 16 before playing our final game against North A which is perhaps why we seemed to take our foot of the gas slightly as we lost 1-0.




Still we were through to the last 16 and drawn against Dormers Wells A. There could be no losing in this game if we wanted to retain the trophy we won last year. The boys did start slow however as we went 1-0 down before Micah came off the bench to score a hat-trick and inspire a 4-1 win. Down Manor B were our opponents in the quarter finals who proved to be a tough team. We eventually triumphed with a 2-1 win and marched on to the semi finals against Drayton Green B. As you would expect from a semi final game it wasn't easy but we kept on pushing and earned ourselves a place in the final with a 2-1 win. St. John's A were the team we had to beat in the final to get the cup back. We knew about St. John's and were very aware of the team they had and in particular the danger that 1 particular player posed. We started the game brightly and went 1-0 up. However we couldn't hold on as St. John's equalised. The game grew tense and eventually it went against us as St. John's scored another and then held on for the win. So runners up this year but with Micah, Emile and Mateo picked for team of the tournament we had some consolation. Well done everybody who represented Fielding today, you did very well!



Monday 27th March 2017 - Y3/4 Fielding Tournament

Today Fielding hosted their first ever Year 3 and 4 football tournament on the school field which included 7 teams from 6 schools. Due to a last minute drop out from 1 school it meant that instead of having 2 groups with 4 teams each, 1 group had only 3 team. However, Fielding, Edward Betham, St. Mark's, St. Raphael's, St. Joseph's and Selbourne were still very excited to get the day underway and hopefully be crowned champions in what was the first running of a new annual event.




On pitch 1 it was Edward Betham and St. Mark's kicking us off with Edward Betham winning 4-0. Great start. Pitch 2 saw St. Joseph's up against Selbourne in a game which Selbourne narrowly won 1-0. Due to St. Raphael's running late to the tournament it meant that Fielding A and Fielding B had to play their first games simultaneously on different pitches. Fielding A kicked off their day with an excellent 3-0 win against St. Raphael's while on the other pitch Fielding B started with a close 1-1 with Edward Betham.




The Fielding B teams next game was up against St. Mark's where they played some lovely looking football to win 2-0. Our 3rd game was up against Edward Betham again in what proved to be another very close game. Edward Betham took the lead in the game but Fielding answered back with a well deserved equaliser. Again the teams could not be split as the game ended 1-1. In our final game against St. Mark's the boys started poorly as a good St. Mark's move put them 1-0 up early in the game. However, fantastic resilience and determination from our boys shone through as they came back to claim a 3-1 win. So after all games were played in the group, Fielding B made it through to the semi finals in 2nd place behind Edward Betham on goal difference.




The Fielding A team were continuing to play some great football on the other pitch at the same time as they beat Selbourne 1-0 in the second game before beating St. Joseph's 1-0 in the final game. That meant that the Fielding A team also made it through to the semi finals but in 1st place as the only team to win all 3 games.




Unfortunately this meant that the Fielding A and B team were drawn against each other in on the of the semi finals! The other game was contested by Edward Betham and Selbourne in a game where Edward Betham dominated and won 3-1 to get through to the final. On Pitch 2 with the 2 Fielding teams it was a much closer affair. Neither team could find the net so the game ended goal-less and was to be decided by a penalty shootout! It was 3 penalties each and then if it was still even would go into sudden death. Fielding B scored first, followed by Fielding A. 1-1. In the next round Fielding B missed then Fielding A scored. 2-1 to Fielding A. This meant that Fielding B had to score their third penalty or they were out. Unfortunately for the B's they missed and the A's went through to the final.




So Fielding B were up against Selbourne in the 3rd/4th playoff game with some bronze medals up for grabs for the winning team. Even though the boys had just missed out on the final through penalties they were very much up for the game. They started brilliantly and soon found themselves 1-0 up. Shortly after, goal number 2 went in. Finally Noah popped up with goal number 3 with a fantastic goal which was Fielding's and his third! Hat-trick for Noah and the match ball as the game finished 3-0 to Fielding. Well done Fielding B's for your great bronze medal performances!




To the final now and Fielding A had Edward Betham to get past The B team drew against Edward Betham twice in the groups so the As were hoping they could do one better and get a win. It was a very well contested final and one which the winning team thoroughly deserved to win. The final whistle blew at 2-0 to Fielding after goals from >>>> Another great Fielding performance meant that we were finishing the tournament in 1st and 3rd place.




It was brilliant from the Fielding teams, but also from the other school teams who came today to play in what could be known as the 'Ealing Schools Year 3 and 4 Trophy'....send any suggestions for a name in on a postcard as we are very hopeful of running the tournament again next year, possibly with even more schools. Thank you to all of the schools for coming and competing, to the parents for some excellent support, to our Year 5 helpers who were running scores and taking photos and to QPR for some very good refereeing. See you next year!

Thursday 16th March 2017 - Featherstone B/C Team

Today we took 2 teams to the Featherstone B team football tournament to compete against 22 other school teams. Both of our teams were drawn into different groups and both felt they had a good chance of progressing. With 6 teams in each group and only the top team getting through to the semi finals it wasn't going to be easy.


Fielding 2nd team had Dormers Wells up first in a game which we looked good in from the start. The boys were brilliant and started off the day with a very nice 3-0 win. The second game for the 2nds was up against Berrymede who themselves played some good football in the first game. It was a tougher game for us but we were still somewhat happy to come away with a 1-1 draw. St. John's were next up and we were expecting a tough game, knowing that their 1st team has been having a great year. It was to be a very close knit affair with neither team able to break the deadlock. The game finished 0-0 and made it seem like a tough ask to now go through. However, there were lots of draws in the group so we were still in with a chance. The 4th game of the group was Dairy Meadow and the boys picked themselves up with a solid 1-0 win. That bought us into the final game of the group against Mayfield who somehow had managed to bring their 1st team! The winner of that final game would top the group and progress to the semi final so the pressure was on. It was a close game with goals from both teams, but Fielding managed to beat the Mayfield 1st team 3-2 and ear their place in the semis!


The Fielding 3rd team were drawn in Group 3 and had their first game with Tudor. It was a very strong start from the the 3rds as well as they ended the game as 2-0 winners. Featherstone were up next and the boys managed to further improve on their opening game with a 4-0 win. Our third game was against St. Anselm's and again our defence was rock solid as we managed to keep the ball well away from the back of our net. At the same time our attack was brilliant as we scored 3 and won 3-0. The fourth game was Drayton Green in what turned out to be our first real test in a game that was 2-2. The 3rd team were looking in a strong position to go through going into their final game against Blair Peach but wanted to get the win just to make sure. They did just that with their best performance so far - a 5-0 victory!


So after all of the points were added up the final group standings were in and the 4 teams that had made it to the semi finals were announced. The Fielding 3rd team had made it through their group comfortably. The Fielding 2nd team...had made it through their group as well in what was a very close finish. So in the semi finals, the 2nd team were paired up against Hambrough and the 3rd team against Little Ealing. 


The 2nd team comfortably beat Hambrough 3-0, the 3rd team however had a much harder task against Little Ealing. They went behind very early in the game but showed great togetherness to stay in the game and fight back, they were the better team in the second half and got a deserved goal. The match ended 1-1 penalties loomed.

Unfortunately the penalties did not go as we hoped to set up a all Fielding Final they were beaten 3-1.  


So we had one team in final and one team fighting for 3rd place great achievement no matter the outcome.


2nd Team scored a goal in either half to beat Little Ealing the 2nd goal capped the day off nicely it was a screamer.

3rd Team obviously disappointed in missing out in the semis had another chance to win themselves a deserved medal. They showed tremendous character to stay strong and get a 1-0 win.



Huge well done to all the boys who came out yesterday did yourselves and Fielding proud.

Wednesday 9th November 2016 - QPR Kids Cup

Today Fielding took the boys football team to QPR to compete in the Kids Cup. Last year we entered the Brentford FC Kids Cup and won that so this year we thought we would try our luck at the QPR version. We were drawn into a group of teams that we have never played before so didn't have a clue what to expect. first up was Wormholt School. Our boys were very slow to start in this game against a team which looked like they should have been beatable. Eventually we got into the game but could only a muster a point as we ended up drawing with 3 goals each. After a bit of a wake up call after the first game we had Our Lady of Lourdes in the second fixture. We looked like a completely different team to the team that played the first game as we comfortably won 4-0. It was very solid performance from the entire team and one that looked much more like a Fielding football team. Going into the third game against St Mary's Abbots we were clearly getting into our stride as we scored 9 goals in a 10 minute game to win 9-1. Goals were being scored from all over the field as we produced another dominant display. Our penultimate game of the group was against a St. Luke's team that had just lost their last 2 games. Our confidence however, was sky high after the last game and it showed as we started this game extremely quickly too. St. Luke's struggled to get into the game and the final whistle blew with the score at 8-0 to Fielding. The final game of the group was against Gateway Academy and although we had been doing very well it was very tight at the top of the group. With only the top 2 team going through to the quarter finals, we could take no chances and had to go for another big win. The boys played some excellent football again and produced another fine display as we ran out 4-0 winners. After all games had been played we finished top of the group and with the knowledge that we were the top scorers of the day so far. We were drawn against St. Steven's, another team who we knew nothing about other than they fact that they had also done very well to finish second in their group. They showed us why they had finished as runner up in their group as they fought us every minute of the game as until we narrowly won 3-2. Going into the semi finals we were up against Frays Academy. It had been a long day now and it was starting to show on some of the boys faces. However, everybody still had the desire to win and so put everything into the semi final. The game was very close as we went 1-0 down before equalising. We then went 2-1 down before equalising again. The boys showed great resilience to keep working for the win. Eventually however, Fray scored without any answer from us. They then scored another and went on to win 5-2 in a game that was much closer than the scoreline suggested. We were gutted to be going out of the competition so close to the end, but there was a potential silver lining as we got ready to play in the 3rd/4th playoff game against St. Matthews. We all wanted to finish on a high so we pulled ourselves together, wiped away the tears and got back on the pitch. I'm very proud to say that they boys quickly forgot about the semi final defeat to beat St. Matthews 3-1 and claim 3rd place in the competition. Although, it wasn't the win that we were aiming for, it was another top 3 finish for Fielding so we went back to school pleased with our efforts. Well done boys. Can we pull it back in the Featherstone tournament next week?

Thursday 13th October 2016 - Featherstone Day 1

Today was the first football competition of the year for Fielding and so we took a squad of 9 boys to Spike Bridge to see what we could do. Due to a clash of events we were unable to take any of our Year 6 footballers with us so the Year 5's had a chance to show us what they were made of. We anticipated that it would be a tough day playing against other schools Year 6 teams but our boys did us proud and played some great football. 

Our first game was against Derwentwater, a game in which we looked very comfortable playing some great passing football and recording a 1-0 win. The second game of the afternoon was against Berrymede and the boys upped their game further to keep another clean sheet but this time win 2-0. Fantastic start! Next was the local derby against Little Ealing. Little Ealing always provide us with a tough game and today was no different. Fielding worked very hard to get a 1-1 draw. So after 3 games we were yet to lose a game and the boys were buzzing. We were halfway through the fixtures and we now had a break to give us some time to recover. After the break we were due to play our other local rivals, Mount Carmel. There was talk of Mount Carmel having a very good team and although our Year 5's (and two Year 4's) put up a great fight, they suffered their first loss of the day. 2-0 to Mount Carmel. Selbourne were our penultimate game of the day and it seemed as though the previous game was still fresh in Fielding minds as they succumbed to a a second loss in a 3-1 defeat. With 1 more game to play, and with no team boasting a 100% record it was definitely all to play for still. So, we took to the field with St. John's in the last game to hopefully end on a high. It was a tough 10 minutes but when the final whistle blew we had earned a 1-1 draw, leaving us with a record of 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. We were very happy with the start we had made in day 1 of this tournament. All of our boys have set us up nicely for day 2 and should be very happy with their performances against Year 6 teams. Well done.

Friday 24th May 2016 - APNA Youth Tournament



Today sees the final football tournament of the year and one that Fielding have never competed in before. We brought 2 teams with us to the APNA Youth 5 a-side tournament at Norwood Hall in Southall to help raise money for local youth projects in the area and of course try our hardest to win one more football trophy!


The Year 6 first team had been trimmed slightly as we were only allowed to bring squads of 7 but the boys we had with us were still brimming with confidence following their victory last week at the QPR tournament. Our second team was made up of Year 4 and 5 children who were hoping to stake their claims in next years first team so we were certain to see some more good Fielding football. Both teams had 3 games to play in their group in order to try to make it through to the knockout stages of the tournament and so there was no room for a slow start. The A team had games against Featherstone, Wolf Fields and Clifton and won each game without conceding a single goal, winning 8-0, 6-0 and 9-0. The B team had big shoes to fill and had to fill them against Drayton Green A, Drayton Green B and Khalsa. They started well with a 4-0 win, before a tough 3-1 loss and ended with a 0-0 stalemate. The A's qualified as group winners and the B's as group runners up. Unfortunately for us as a school, this meant we had the misfortune to be drawn against each other in the last 16.


With both teams playing against each other regularly in training, the B's knew it would be very tough to win and the A's knew it would certainly be no walk over. There had to be a victor when the whistle blew though and it turned out to be the experience of the A's that led them through to the next round with a 4-0 win. This years B's have definitely given us something to look forward to next year however, proving to be the toughest opponents the A team had faced so far by limiting them to just 4 goals.


So the A's moved into the quarter finals and were drawn against Hambrough, a game which they won 7-0. The result again highlighting just how well our Year 4 and 5 team played against the A's!


In the semi finals we were up against the Three Bridges B team. Although this was a B team we were not expecting an easy game. We were proved right as they took the game into extra time with the score being level at 1-1 at the final whistle. With the chance of playing in another cup final just minutes away the boys rallied in extra time to score 3 quick goals and finishing the game 4-1 winners.


The final was here and could we be playing anybody other than out big local rivals...Little Ealing, last years tournament winners! It was a tense start but after some excellent football Fielding went ahead 1-0. After that another goal, and another and another. The final score was 4-0 to Fielding, meaning Fielding had won another football trophy, bringing this years total number of tournament victories to 4! 


At the trophy presentation the boys were beaming to be lifting another trophy, but were also very proud that 3 members of our squad were named in the team of the tournament. Big well done to Michael, Artie and Sonny. Just when we thought the day could get no better we then had one of our superstars named as THE player of the tournament. Step forward star striker Sonny! A huge well done is deserved for being named player of the tournament so WELL DONE!



All of the boys have set the tone for sporting success at Fielding this year. Next year we want that to continue, not just in football but across all sports! Well done once more boys and we look forward to seeing you all playing in the Premiership soon!

Wednesday 15th May 2016 - Y6 QPR Leavers Cup



Today the Year 6 football took part in the Year 6 Leavers tournament being run and hosted by QPR. The tournament was a a chance for many Year 6 teams to play together one last time before heading off to secondary school. 


It was going to be an interesting start to the day with all of the teams drawn in our group being completely unknown to us. First up was Westminster and it proved to be a tricky start for the boys, but eventually they finished the game with a 3-2 win. Next up was Newfield and the boys had to step it up as again, they had no idea who this team was and how they played. The boys did step it up and finished the 12 minute game as 11-1 winners! The boys played some great football but I don't think anybody was expecting a result like that. The Good Shepherd were our next opponents and the boys looked very comfortable once more, this time keeping a clean sheet and and scoring 9 goals to win 9-0. The boys were flying high going into their fourth game against Our Lady of Lourdes and used their momentum to win again 6-1.


The excellent show of football in the group stage ensured that Fielding finished top of the group and progressed to the quarter finals. Although we can't quite remember the name of our opponents we remembered the game as it was hard fought! We were starting to look tired towards the end of this game and had to dig deep to grind out a 4-2 victory. Well done the boys for demonstrating next months value of the month, determination!


In the semi finals we were drawn against Addison (Mr. Dunmall's previous school). At this point the games were getting tougher but Fielding were still playing some fantastic football and won the game 3-0. 


In the final we were up against The Good Shepherd again, a team we had beaten during the group stage. However, history doesn't mean much in cup finals and so Fielding had to be careful not get complacent and take anything for granted. As expected the final was a completely different game to the previous encounter during the group. The game ended with just 2 goals in it. Fortunately for us The Good Shepherd only scored 1 and we scored 3! Well done to the boys for another brilliant football tournament and bringing yet another trophy back to school!

Monday 18th April 2016 - Y4 QPR Tournament



QPR hosted a Year 4 football festival at Fielding Primary School today which gave some of our new Year 4 squad members the chance to taste their first bit of competition wearing a Fielding shirt. Twelve schools were entered to compete, with the chance to represent QPR at a regional tournament up for grabs for the winners. We were drawn in a group with Little Ealing, St. Joseph's, Wood End Academy, St. Mark's and Christ the Saviour.


First up was the local derby...Little Ealing. It was a very close first game with neither team really settling into any sort of rhythm. Fielding worked hard but didn't get a lot of time on the ball. That did allow Harry to show us some great defending though, making some great tackles and blocks. It also gave Will the chance to shine in goal, making some fantastic diving saves to keep Little Ealing out. Fielding chances were limited, although Jasper did have a chance to win it late on, only to shoot wide. First game for our Year 4's was a well fought 0-0 draw.


The second game was up against the eventual group winners St. Joseph's. This was another tough game for us as we struggled to get the ball into the other half and create many scoring opportunities. St. Joseph's were a very good passing team and disciplined in their formation and although Will again made some terrific saves, we eventually lost 2-0.


The third game of the day was up again Wood End Academy. Although we lost the previous game, the boys were starting to play together a little bit better and so we were optimistic. George and Oliver were working hard on the wings to try to get up and down the pitch and we were starting to create more. There was still no luck in front of goal though with Zach finding shooting opportunities limited. The performance was better but ended in another 0-0.


St. Mark's were our fourth opponents in the group. They looked like they were a decent team in the game before they played us and started well against us. Will and Harry were again working well at the back for us and keeping the ball out of our net. Cayo was playing in the middle for this game and was also playing well defensively. Again though we were struggling to create a lot and eventually we lost again, this time 1-0.


Going into our final game against Christ the Saviour we had accepted that we were probably out of the competition but everybody was determined to finish with some goals and hopefully even a win. Will, our superstar goalkeeper wanted to get out on pitch and so switched with Jasper for this last game. He had an immediate impact on the rest of the team in central midfield, winning the ball and playing it through to Rio who nearly got an early goal for us. The boys had finally got into their stride and were playing with confidence as Will won the ball again and this time dribbled through the defence before shooting at the keeper. Shortly after the ball was crossed into the CtS area for Rio to get on the end of and score our first goal of the tournament. 1-0 Fielding! Not long after that Fielding had won themselves a corner which George and Zach decided to play short. Zach dribbled towards the edge of the box and smashed the ball into the top corner of the goal. We ended the day with a convincing 2-0 win.


Although we didn't make it through to the semi final, there were positives to take from the day. It was the first time this group of boys had played together for the school and finally by the last game they were able to play with some confidence. With the first training session of the term this week, we've got lots of time to make some big strides towards having another great boys squad next year. Well done lads.

Thursday 17th March 2016 - B Team



Today Fielding took some of the boys squad to a football tournament to compete against other schools in the Featherstone B Team tournament. Although the tournament was run for 'B teams' we knew before hand that the strength of our squad this year meant that our 'B team' could comfortably compete against many 'A teams' at other schools. We were therefore hoping for a good day.


Twenty four schools entered the tournament which were split into 3 groups of 8. Up first for Fielding was Dormer Wells Juniors. Fielding had a great start to the day and won 2-0 thanks to 2 goals from Joe in 5S. Next up was Dairy Meadow who we beat again thanks to a goal from Joe. Ben T, captaining the team had a great game and ensured we finished winning 1-0. Havelock were the third opponents of the day and they provided the toughest test so far holding us to a very close 0-0 draw. Next up was St. Anselm's. The Fielding defense was solid again and stopped St. Anselm's from really threatening. At the other end Fielding's attacking play was fantastic with Joe, Ben and Augustin scoring before St. Anselm's added an own goal. Beaconsfield were the next school to play and Fielding knew they were getting closer to another semi final. Rory started very well and scored to put us 1 up. Shortly after Zain stepped up to add a second goal before Fielding closed the game out with a 2-0 win. The final game in the group stage had us playing against Mayfield. Fielding had saved their best until last and ended with a huge 7-0 win, with 3 goals coming from Joe, and 1 each from Rory, Danny, Daniel before we benefited from another own goal.


So we had made it to the semi final and were drawn against St. John's. The game was very, very close with the St. John;s keeper making an unbelievable triple save from the Fielding attack. The game finished 0-0 and so went into penalties. Both teams were to take turns taking a penalty and if scores were even after 3 penalties each, sudden death. Semi-final penalty shoot outs are pressure filled situations and unfortunately for our boys we came out worse, losing 3-2.

We just had the 3rd/4th play off game to play against Drayton Green who had just lost their own semi final to Mount Carmel. The boys picked themselves up and scored 3 goals with Ben, Rory and Joe on target to help Fielding to a 3-0 win and a bronze medal each.


Well done boys. Fantastic effort!

Monday 11th January 2016 - Brentford FC Kids Cup

Only the second week into 2016 and Fielding were already lining up for another tournament. We entered 2 teams for the tournament and were ready to compete against 24 other teams.


Both Fielding teams kicked off at the same time on different pitches and both got off to a great start. Fielding B registered a 2-1 victory over St. Lawrence and Fielding A started with a 1-0 victory over St. Mary's in what was being touted as the 'group of death'! One of our Year 5 children was making his Fielding debut today with the B team and managed to get on the scoresheet with a lovely finish in Fielding's first game. Well done Joe C!! The experienced Luka V got Fielding's second.


Fielding B had a short rest and were then back on against St. James A and put in a great team performance to record a comfortable 2-0 win. This time it was Cameron H and Ben T on the scoresheet, with Ben scoring what must have been one of the goals of the tournament. Fielding A then followed suit with a 2-0 win of their own over St. Johns, with Sonny W and Michael B providing the goals.


Fielding B v Christ the Saviour for game three and this proved to be a tough one. It was a well fought game but another Luka V goal didn't stop Fielding B from losing their first game. 2-1 to Christ the Saviour. Fielding A continued their fine start with another comfortable 1-0 victory over Stanley School, thanks to a Luka T strike and a very solid goalkeeping display from Noah S.


Fielding B wanted to make up for losing their last game and had play against St. Marks A to do that. It seemed as though the previous game had knocked their confidence however, and they succumbed to another a 2-1 defeat despite Ben T scoring from the penalty spot. Fielding A seemed to be making light work of this so called 'group of death' and may have taken their foot off the gas a bit for the next game. They were up against Wood End and after 8 minutes of play neither team had managed to break the deadlock and so the game finished 0-0.


The final game of the group and Fielding B had won 2 and lost 2. A win was vital to guarantee making the knockout stages. Mount Carmel B stood in their way. The boys started the game superbly, they managed to keep the ball well and were passing the ball around comfortably. Joe C then popped into the game with his second goal of the tournament to give us the lead. The confidence was coming back. The referee was checking his watch, getting ready to blow and kick to Mount Carmel. Mount Carmel gave us something they had obviously been working on at the training ground and sent in a rocket into the back of the net. 1-1. Full time and a nervous wait to find out who goes through. Fielding A renewed an old rivalry with Little Ealing in their final game of the group. We knew this would be tough having played Little Ealing a few times this year already and we were proved right. After a close game it ended 1-1.


Lunchtime and we were waiting to hear who progressed to the last 16. Fielding A had a great morning and finished top of the 'group of death'. Then we waited for Fielding B. We didn't win the group. We weren't second either. BUT we had made it through to the knockouts!


Both teams played at the same time again, Fielding B against Southfields and Fielding A against Gifford. Southfields had just topped another very tough group so we knew we had to play our best game of the day to go through here. Even though the boys did put in a good shift their run in the tournament came to an end with 2-0 defeat. Well done the B's! Fielding A v Gifford turned out to be a different type of game altogether, with Noah S managing to keep yet another clean sheet! The icing on the cake was provided by Sonny W and a Luka T hat-trick. Fielding A were through to the quarter finals with a 4-0 victory.


Lowther school were the opponents for the quarter finals and it was those 2 again who provided us with the goals. Sonny W and Luka T put in one each to give us a 2-0 win.


Semi final time and it was Chase Bridge who wanted to ruin Fielding's day. Very very close game here with Chase Bridge coming out on top in the early exchanges and putting a rare goal past the Noah S in the Fielding goal. Fielding were playing some good football again though and were working their socks off to get one back. Eventually it came. Luka T providing the goods again with a fine goal to even the score. Both teams were playing great now, and both knew how close they were to the final. Nerves were increasing and Fielding started shooting from range to try to steal a goal. Michael B stepped up and hit a great strike which the keeper saved, however after a very unfortunate ricochet the ball ended up trickling over the line. 2-1 Fielding. There was about a minute left now and Fielding just had to shut up shop, they kept the ball well and kept it away from the Fielding goal. The whistle blew and we were through to another final.


We were up against Mount Carmel in the final, the team which beat us to a trophy at the Featherstone football tournament before Christmas. The boys knew that and were whispering. Mr Winn bought the boys in for the pre-game talk and reminded them that they had played some great football again today and if they wanted to lift the trophy they just had to give more of the same. He then told the boys to shut their eyes and imagine the look on Mr Dunmall's face when we come back to school with gold medals and the Brentford FC Kids Cup...that the done it. The boys were fired up! Fielding started strong, had some good early possession to settle any nerves and were getting the ball into Sonny who had a couple of good chances. No goals yet. The ball was then passed into Luka T on the right, a little sidestep to make some space for himself, then he let go a great strike across the keeper straight into the bottom corner. 1-0 Fielding. We were only about half way through the game though so still had lots to do. Mount Carmel started creating chances of their own and one player hit a great shot straight past Noah in goal! But it hit the post. then it bounced across the line and hit the other post! Noah recovered and jumped on the ball with screams of 'goal!' from the Mount Carmel fans ringing in his ears. The ref checked the goal line technology down at Goals Gilette Corner and concluded that the whole ball hadn't crossed the line. No goal. Just a few minutes left, the boys just had to keep the ball and stop the shots coming in. The whole team defended bravely and the day ended as it started for Fielding A, another clean sheet, another 1-0 victory and brand new trophy for the cabinet!


Great day out for everyone which was topped off with a trophy for Fielding Primary School and a place at an upcoming regional competition and possibly a chance to play at Wembley stadium!!


Well done guys you have done us proud yet again!


Fielding B's


Fielding A's - Champions

Monday 2nd November 2015 - Featherstone Day 2



Day 2 of the boys tournament at Swift Road and expectations were running high. After the first round of fixtures only Mount Carmel managed to win all of their games beating Fielding in the process. Fielding had a great first day though winning 3 games and losing just once. With 4 games left to play, the boys were still thinking about top spot and a place at the Borough Championships after Christmas.


First game today was against Selbourne. The boys played against Selbourne in the Peal Shield before half term and came away with a win and so were feeling confident. Everyone started well and Artie put the boys 1-0 up after a few minutes. Fielding were controlling the game and it wasn't long before Luka T added a second. 2-0. Before the ref had a chance to blow the final whistle Michael B stepped forward with one of the finest goals scored in a Fielding shirt. From just before the half way line Michael placed a well controlled shot into the top corner of the goal. The Selbourne keeper didn't stand a chance. Final score 3-0 Fielding.


After a 5 minute rest Fielding were back on the pitch to play against Mayfield. Once again the boys got off to a great start. This time the Fielding number 9, Sonny put away his first goal of the day. Sonny's goal was swiftly followed by another 2 from Artie to put the game beyond Mayfield's reach. Final score 3-0 Fielding.


After two consecutive 3-0 wins we had a slightly longer break before taking the field against Little Ealing. This is the local derby and another 3-0 win would have been a great result. Both schools knew that there was a place in the Borough championships to play for but there was also something much more important...bragging rights. It was a cagey start from both teams, with both teams not managing to get any successful attacks going. Anu played a solid game at the back and snuffed out anything Little Ealing threw at us. There was a only a few minutes left on the clock and the game was still poised at 0-0, a result which neither school would have been pleased with. Just as it looked as though we would have to settle for a point, Sonny slotted away to put us 1-0 up. The boys then kept the ball well and got themselves a well earned 3 points. 


When Fielding turned up today they knew they had to win every game to stand any chance of going through. So far they had done what they needed to. One game left to play against Berrymede and the pressure was on. After 10 minutes the final whistle blew and Fielding had won the game 5-0. What pressure? A goal from Luka T and Luka V, two more from Sonny and one for Danny gave us 4 wins out of 4. Now we just had to wait to hear how Mount Carmel had got on today. The boys gathered to hear the results....Mount Carmel played some decent football again and also won every game to finish top of the league. Which left us 3 points behind in second place, with a silver medal around our necks. We didn't get first place but we played some great football. 







Goals Scored

Goals Conceded

Goal difference












Well done boys you have done Fielding proud again.

Friday 2nd October 2015 - Featherstone Day 1

Today was the first round of fixtures of the Year 5/6 Featherstone Football tournament at Swift Road. Mr Winn brought along a squad of 10 to continue with the great start to the season the boys have had in the Peal Shield. The boys did continue their fine form in the first game against St. Johns by kicking off with a 2-0 win. The games today were only 10 minutes long which could have been a worry for our lads as they have been a bit slow to start games so far this year. However, the first game was comfortable and the boys put in a solid performance. 


The next game was against Mount Carmel and the worries came true in this game. Fielding never got going in this game and were making silly mistakes. Two goals were gifted to the Mount Carmel attack which led to the first loss of the season for Fielding. 2-0 to Mount Carmel.


Before the start of the third game Mr Winn spoke to the boys and reminded them of the football that they were capable of playing. The boys knew they could do more and responded well. Up against Derwentwater and the boys kept another clean sheet while putting away 5 goals.


The boys had their confidence back and after an extended break before the final game of the day they kicked off against Hathaway. There was some great movement and passing play when we were in possession of the ball which led to 4 goals in 10 minutes. Again the the defence was solid and finished the game without conceding. 


So the first half of fixtures complete and Fielding played 4, won 3, lost 1. Goal difference is looking good too with 11 goals scored and only 2 conceded. The second round of fixtures will be played Thursday 12th November and we will be hoping to 1 better than today and win 4 out of 4!!


Contact Details and Useful Links