Teachers publish learning resources
A pack of resources for English and maths lessons, taken from Oak Academy, will be sent to parents today and then every week.
Teachers will contact pupils again today through an email message sent to parents. The message may come from the year group team or from individual teachers, depending on their writing preference. The resources will be attached to the email message.
The resource packs can be printed at home or used on screen. They summarise all of the key learning from Oak Academy in English and maths. We suggest you use these to:
- review any or all of the learning that you have completed each day this week on-line;
- catch-up with any on-line learning missed this week, with the option to print and use at home without the need to be on a device once printed.
For children in Years 1-6, we recommend that children complete:
- an English lesson each day from Oak Academy,
- a maths lesson each day from Oak Academy,
- learning in other subjects, from our curriculum, published on Year Group Noticeboards at any time during the week.
Children in Year 1, Reception and Nursery now have clearer links for learning to match letters to sounds through Read, Write Inc, our phonics programme:
Children in Nursery and Reception to continue to follow our Year Group Noticeboards.
Please feel free to use content from BBC Bitesize, other web-sites and schools, if you find these more suitable for your child. We all follow the National Curriculum and programme of study for each age group. Some parents have also told us that they are using content from other age groups on Oak Academy because it better suits their child.