Thank you to parents & staff - smooth return to school
It has been so lovely to see the children's smiling faces back in school this week. School just hasn't felt the same without them! Thank you to all parents and staff for making the transition from home to school so successful. Children have returned with positive attitudes and are enjoying being back in class with their teacher and friends.
This week we have been focusing on well-being and relationships and have started to check what the children know and remember. We will continue to do this next week. Once we have finalised our assessments this information will be available to you on MCAS. See our assessment update for more information.
So that we can keep all of our bubbles open please remember to follow all national Public Health expectations and the following guidance:
- only send children to school if they are healthy and well: any symptoms organise a test;
- adults to test twice weekly at home, read this new leaflet on testing from the NHS, even if you are showing no symptoms;
- come to school alone, without your partner, so that there are fewer adults on site;
- keep 2m distance from other households at pupil drop-off and collection; please don't congregate around classroom doors;
- drop-off or collect and go. Avoid mixing with other households;
- Year 5 and 6 pupils to walk all, or part-way, alone, so that there are fewer adults on site;
- use our preferred gates, as before, so that we are spread out across the school site;
- wear a face-covering, if you wish, especially at busy areas, like Nursery;
- check your child has everything they need for the school day. Avoid the school office;
- avoid face-to-face chat with a class teacher. Contact us by telephone or email instead.