- Head teachers and Deputy Heads
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Safeguarding Team Members
- Learning Mentors
- Family Liaison Workers
Andrew Hall, former head teacher, is a Specialist Safeguarding Consultant who leads outstanding workshops for Designated Safeguarding Leads and anyone responsible for safeguarding and child protection in schools and colleges.
Why choose an outstanding Advanced Safeguarding Workshop led by Andrew Hall?
- A small group of colleagues, offers a unique opportunity for collaboration
- Led by an experienced head teacher who understands the day-to-day pressures on schools
- Practical guidance to implement straight away in your own school
- Comprehensive toolkit to ensure compliance and identify gaps
- Obtain direct answers to your safeguarding and child protection questions
- …and absolutely no Death-by-PowerPoint.
- Understanding of the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- including a deeper understanding of neglect
- The latest additional safeguarding concerns, including:
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Tackling extremism
- Strategies to raise awareness in staff
- The legislative framework and statutory compliance
- Understanding safeguarding risks
- Thinking the Unthinkable
- Learning the lessons from Serious Case Reviews
- Creating best practice systems and procedures
- Key elements of a professional code of conduct
- The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- The workshop meets the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019’ requirement for two-yearly training for ‘Designated Safeguarding Leads’ (previously known as ‘Level Three’ training).
- Your own copy of the Safeguarding Handbook to take away: The essential strategic guide for Designated Safeguarding Leads packed with up-to-date guidance, checklists and pro-formas.
- A CD containing all the pro-formas and checklists from the Safeguarding Handbook ready to customise for your own school, saving hours of time.
- Take away, ready-to-use materials in a training event for your own staff.
Workshops from Andrew Hall are:
‘Is this Level 3 training?”
Since 2013 there has been no national statutory guidance on the content of safeguarding training. (Providers should not be advertising courses as Level 1, 2, 3, etc. (but they still do.) Andrew believes that the training package offered to DSLs exceeds the minimum standards required.
£175 per delegate, this includes handouts, lunch & refreshments
- up to 10 days before – full refund
- Less than 10 days – 50% refund
- 2 days before – no refund
To secure your place, please visit www.ealingcpd.org.uk
Or contact us direct at email@example.com (non-Ealing schools)
Download our course brochure here: