contact-us twitter arrow-right arrow-down search facebook map email close arrow-left arrow-up translate

Main Header

School Logo


Primary School and Nursery

Interactive Bar

Tag Rugby

Wednesday 4th March - Borough Finals

Today we took part in the Ealing Borough Finals for Tag Rugby for the chance to represent the Borough in this years London Youth Games. We were joined at the finals by Little Ealing who beat us in the Final of the Featherstone tournament and Edward Betham and St. Gregorys who competed against each other in the Willow Tree Final.


We were up against St. Gregory's first who were the Ealing representative at last years London Youth Games so knew we would have a tough start. In a 7 minute game and on a very narrow pitch both teams found it hard to break through the defence with possession changing hands a number of times. Eventually, after some great passing and footwork we found a gap in the defence line and ran through to score our first try of the day. We saw out the game to give ourselves a great start with a 1-0 win.


In our second game we had to play against Little Ealing and try to get a reverse result from the last game in the Featherstone final. It was another close game but again after some excellent defending and some great passing in attack we broke through the Little Ealing defense to score. Again, we then saw out the rest of the game without conceding or adding to our score to finish 1-0.


Our final game was against Edward Betham who looked to have the fastest player in the finals. Everything was going through this player so we knew if we could contain him we would have a great chance of making it 3 wins from 3. Our organisation and pressure from our defensive line was brilliant once more and again our build up play in attack was great and allowed us to eventually find a gap in the Edward Betham defence. Another 1-0 win meant that we are Ealing Borough Rugby Champions and are now on our way to the London Youth Games for the first time in Tag Rugby.



A huge well done to the entire squad and in particular the team that is now going to London Youth Games.

Thursday 31st October 2019 - Featherstone

Today we took 2 teams to Ealing Trailfinders to play in this years Featherstone Tag Rugby Competition. Fielding Whites and Blues were both drawn into separate groups with the Whites due to play against Mount Carmel A in their first game. It was a tough start to the competition with us narrowly losing 3-2. We were up against Havelock in the 2nd game and were confident that after coming so close against a good Mount Carmel team we would do well here. We went 1-0 up but ended up conceding a silly try and so the game finished 1-1. Game 3 was against Three Bridges A and turned out to be an end to end game which finished 2-1 in favour of Three Bridges. Going in to out final game of the group against North, we knew we had probably not made the quarter finals but were keen to end well. It was a close game which we very nearly won but for a disallowed try at the final whistle due to a knock-on. The game finished 1-1. The Whites played some good rugby though and should be proud of their efforts today.


The Blues had an easier start to their day as they comfortably beat St. Anselm's 2-0 in their opener. St. Mark's B team were next up and the Blues started to get into their stride a bit more as they cruised to a 3-0 win. Game 3 was against a Berrymede team that had some dangerous looking runners, but the team coped well and won 2-1. In the final game of the group we had to get past an organised looking Clifton team and did so comfortably as we won 2-0. After winning every game of the group we had qualified for the quarter finals as group winners. 



In the quarter finals the Blues had Three Bridges A team and the chance to avenge the loss they game to our Whites. It was a scrappy start but we eventually came through to win 2-1. In the semi finals we were drawn against Three Bridges B. Although they were the B's they played some good rugby and had some very good players. We stepped up our levels though and played our best rugby of the day to win 3-1 and make it to the final. In the final we had Little Ealing. It was a very close game with very little separating the two sides. In the end it was to bve decided by a single try which was scored by Little Ealing. We finish the day as runners up but qualify for Borough Finals so now look forward to that.



Huge well done to everybody who played today!

Tuesday 26th February 2019 - Borough Finals by Thomas, Y6

The first Game was St Raph’s vs St Gregory’s which St Gregory’s won 1-0.

Our first game was against Mount Carmel who were the only team to beat us in the previous tournament. We won rock paper scissors to begin and we started well. After about three minutes Armaan made an outstanding run from inside our half to go and score the first try. We held onto our lead for about 4 minutes and then they unfortunately managed to grab a try at the very end and the game ended 1-1. We were all very pleased with this result and how we played.

We were on straight after that to play against St Gregory’s who we thought looked amazing. We won rock paper scissors again and got to begin the game. Soon into the game Armaan went on to score another incredible try to put us in the lead. We were all really excited about this as they were the team to beat. Just before the final whistle they managed to put the game level and it finished 1-1 again. But we were chuffed with how were performed again.

Then Mount Carmel beat St Raph’s 1-0.

Next to play were Mount Carmel and St Gregory’s. We all knew that this had to be a draw if we had any chance of winning. Unfortunately, St Gregory’s managed to win 1-0 which sadly put us out of reach from the next stage, but we all knew that we still had to play our hardest for our final game.

Our final game against St Raph’s who looked like the weakest team out of the four, so we were quite confident. This time we lost rock paper scissors, so they were the ones to begin the game. Straight from the off we were dominating. About two minutes into the game we won possession and began to make our move. We were moving our way up the pitch very quickly and at the end Thomas managed to score a try to get us 1-0 up. We kept dominating and soon grabbed another try from Marco. Unfortunately, on the last run of the game St Raph’s managed to score an amazing try to finish the game 2-1.

No more games were to be played so we were all called in and we were told the results. St Raph’s were in 4th place, Mount Carmel were in 3rd place, we were in 2nd place and St Gregory’s came first. We were all quite sad that we didn’t make it through to the next stage but at the same time we were very proud of how we played.


Tuesday 26th February 2019 - Borough Finals by Greta, Y5

 Tuesday 6th November.


Tag Rugby Tournament.


Today we entered 2 teams into this years Tag rugby tournament held at Brentham Club.

The Blue team had been drawn in group D alongside Little Ealing B, North A, Woodlands A, Hambrough A.

First up was woodlands who we beat 3-0 great start, second match was against North who we again beat 3-0. Next was a bit of a rest as the little Ealing B team had pulled out so we were automatically awarded a 1-0  victory. Final match in this group stage was against Hambrough who we beat 3-1. Topped the group through to the second groups stage on the afternoon.


Meanwhile, the green team who had been drawn in a tough group alongside Little Ealing A, Tudor , Selbourne, Berrymeade.

Started with a strong 3-1 win against Tudor, followed by a tough draw against a good Berrymeade team. A great 1-0 win over Selbourne and a hard fought 1-0 defeat against Little Ealing.

They had done enough to finish 2nd in the group and they too would progress to the afternoon groups.


Both teams had been drawn in the same group for the afternoon matches along with St Marks and Berrymead A.

First up was the blue team to face St Marks, they won 2-1. Green team were next against Berrymead A they too won 3-1.

Next was the big match up Fielding against Fielding a great match which highlighted just how much work this group has put in over the last few months. Ended in a 2-2 draw meaning that a win for the Blue team against Berrymead A would put them into the semi finals. They did the job and won 2-1, one team into the semis could the green team do the same they faced St Marks A. The match did not disappoint it was a cracker Fielding winning 3-2. Both Teams into the Semi Finals.


Blue Team had to face Little Ealing A, very tough opposition. The match was tied after full time at 2-2 and the match went all the way through extra time into golden try it looked like there was going to be no separating the sides until a great bit of play saw Fielding create some space and took full advantage to score the golden try and take them into the final. 


Green team were unfortunate to come up against a very strong Mt Carmel side and fought until the end but came away in defeat with a 2-0 loss. A all Fielding final was not to be.


So Blue team had to face Mt Carmel in the final and after a semi final that had taken a alot out of them they had a quick turn around and the game was 1-1 at full time so more extra time was needed, still no score at the end meant golden try again and this time it was not Fielding celebrating. 2-1 loss in the final but still qualified for the area finals to play to represent Ealing in the London youth games in a couple of weeks time.


Green team had a 3rd and 4th match to play against Little Ealing, they too did not get the result they will of wanted loosing 2-1 after going in front meant they had to settle for 4th overall.


Huge well done to all that took part today and others that have worked hard and did'nt quite make this years squads, you can all be very proud of your achievements.   

Thursday 19th October 2017 - Featherstone


Today we took two teams to Ealing Trailfinders for this years tag competition.One team was entered into the established competition and the other team was entered into the establishing competition. Both teams got off to a flying start in their first game as they both won comfortably to put their first points on the table. In game 2 the Bs continued their fine start with tries from Zak and Lily earning the team a 2-0 win, whereas in the established competition the A's had a tough game against Edward Betham with George T getting a try to earn us a 1-1 draw. Going into game 3 our teams reversed their results from the previous round as the B's were unlucky to concede a last minute try against St. Gregory's to finish 1-1 and the A's earned a hard fought win against Wood End as Alec and Zach P led us to a 2-1 victory. Both teams were in good shape to go through to the knockout stages, having not lost a game and automatic qualification going to the top 2 teams in the groups. The B team had another tough game in round 4 of the group as they drew 1-1, as did the A team as they also registered a 1-1 draw. Game 5 was now huge for both teams as we looked to cement 2 teams places in the quarter finals.The B team were locked in a tight game against St. Mark's with both teams needing a win to guarantee their spot, unfortunately neither team could guarantee a place as they played out a 2-2 draw. On the other pitch with the A team, the guys were playing in an end to end game against St. Joseph's which eventually saw us win 3-2!


All games played that meant the B's finished with 2 wins and 3 draws and looking good for a second place finish in the group, whereas the A's finished with 3 wins and 2 draws to look good for 1st or 2nd. As we waited for the results, we were tense as always, but were then very surprised to hear neither of our teams called out for the quarter finals! After a lot of time was spent checking results, it became apparent that scores for both teams were recorded incorrectly and that both should have been through to the knockout stages. So after a huge reshuffle of games, the B's started their quarter final game against Little Ealing. It was a tough game, made tougher after Little Ealing took the lead. The minutes seemed to fly by after that as we found it difficult to respond and unfortunately lost 1-0. Great morning of rugby from the B's. The A's had a longer wait to have their game finally confirmed, but when it was we found out our opponents were a tough Mount Carmel team. The game was back and forth with both teams defending superbly and winning back possession regularly. It eventually got to full time and the score was still 0-0 and so went to extra time. In extra time the game was played in the same way with neither team able to break through and score until eventually the organisers decided that we needed to start taking players off, one at a time to try to force a try. It was first try wins so the tension grew. After both teams lost a player, Mount Carmel found a bit of space and broke through our defence to score close to the touch line, the A's were out in the quarter final too. But what a game!


Well done both teams for demonstrating some fantastic Fielding values as well as some excellent rugby!



Wednesday 19th October 2016 - Featherstone

Today we took two squads to the Featherstone Rugby Competition at Ealing trailfinders with a place at the London youth games at stake. The squad had been training hard every week since the summer and looked very good going into the competition. We had a team competing in the established competition and a team taking part in the establishing competition.


The Established team were up against some tough opponents Berrymede, Our lady and St. Josephs. First match was against St Josephs and it took us a while to adjust to some rule changes. We were up against it in our first match and conceded first, the match was end to end with no room for a breather. In the end we won it 5-3. So after a good start we were confident going into the second match against Berrymede, but from nowhere found ourselves 3-0 down at the half way point. An uphill task now to say the least, but one step at at time we showed great character to get ourselves back into the game and on top. We did the impossible and turned it around to end up winning 4-3. What a match and great team performance! Into the last match of the group stages and we looked tired and out of steam and didn't really get going. We ended up losing 2-0 against Our Lady. Going into lunch, we were hoping we had done enough to progress and it turned out we had! We finished group winners which set us up with a mouthwatering quarter final against Little Ealing. The match started very quickly but both teams were giving no ground away and the game was at a deadlock. Then one missed tackle from us and Little Ealing raced to the try line. It was always going to be close and in a game that flew by it was over and we lost 1-0. The team worked very hard and can hold their heads high. Their hard work was noticed by everybody and they did mange to win an award for demonstrating the value of Passion so well done everyone.




The Establishing Team also had an eventful day after being drawn in a tough group. With schools like Mount Carmel it was always going to be tough. Mount Carmel were the first opponents and we lost a close game, filled with controversy, 2-1. With no time for rest we played directly after against Tudor and got our first win on the board, 2-0. After this we had time for a well deserved break before we played Perivale who we also beat 2-0. Two wins under our belts and we were flying and took that momentum into the next game against Three bridges who we beat 1-0. Into the last match of the group stages against a very strong Petts Hill side, who ended the morning as group winners. This was a tough game which we lost 2-0. So again we went into lunch not knowing if we had made it through to the knock out stages. When the teams were read out, we waited anxiously.... great news, we had made it and had a chance to play Mount Carmel again in the semi finals. This was a very close game again and we went behind early, but we managed to pull it back and at full time it was all square. No separating the teams so we went into Golden Try, basically first team to score wins. Unfortunately luck was not on our side and Mount Carmel scored first. That meant we had a very good third place finish and a bronze medal each. We would have liked some gold medals but were happy in the knowledge that we had done ourselves and the school proud. It was so good to see all of the children's hard work paying off.




Well done everyone. 


Monday 14th March 2016 - Friendly Vs Little Ealing

Little Ealing were back on the school field again today with 2 tag rugby teams to reignite the friendly rivalry between the two schools. The teams selected today were picked from the current crop of Year 6's who are training with London Scottish at one of our after school clubs and were excited to get the opportunity to compete again. Both games went well with both schools showing off their tag rugby skills. After two 20 minute games both schools had won a game leaving honours even. Little Ealing are off competing in a regional competition this week and so we wish them well. It could be us there next year!





Monday 23rd November 2015 - Friendly vs Little Ealing


Today was local derby day against Little Ealing. Little Ealing competed in the same tournament as us at the beginning of the year and did really well to come up with the gold medals. In order for them to stay fresh and ready for their Borough games after Christmas they wanted to arrange a game against some top class opposition. Step forward Fielding who finished 3rd in the same tournament. Both schools had 2 teams representing today. Fielding put out their first team and then a brand new second team to give some different faces the honour of representing the school. We were really happy to see some great rugby from both of our teams even though none have picked up a rugby ball at school for over a month now.The second team played a great game considering it was the first time they had played together and ended up losing by only a few points with the final score being 18-15. The first team were up against the gold medalists and also played a great game with both teams taking turns to score. Final score was 23-23. Brilliant stuff guys well done!




Thursday 24th September 2015 - Featherstone


The time had come for the first inter-school competition of the year for Fielding and its Tag Rugby at Grasshoppers RFC. There are lots of keen rugby players at the school so we were lucky enough to bring 2 teams with us who both had a great chance of success in their leagues. Fielding A’s consisted of Rory H (our only Year 5 competitor), Anu O, Noah S, Mahek A, Ben T, Jessie G, Kayleigh O, Lucy H, Daniel D and Daniel J. Fielding B were equally strong with Ben H, Ed O, Luka T, Marko O, Athena F, Kornel M, Oscar K, Lolia C, Evie M and Josie B. 

So first game of the day and the A’s were up against Hambrough. Nerves were running high but Fielding A were focussed and ran out comfortable winners 11-0. Every single person in the team played a perfect game. I don’t think I saw a single dropped pass or missed tackle. Next up was the B’s against Gifford B’s. The B’s followed suit and began the day with a hard fought 4-3 victory.

Second game and the A’s were lining up against Edward Betham. We were expecting a tougher game and we were right. It was end to end stuff with both teams taking turns to score tries. Eventually though, through some fantastic defensive work the A’s forced a turnover and opened up a lead. Very tough game which finished with a 10-7 win. Over to the B’s who were up against Khalsa B’s. The B’s were getting in to their stride in this game and played some fantastic attacking rugby. Another victor for Fielding. 5-2 win.

Fielding A’s were due to play the final fixture in their group against Grange but they were a no show so Fielding got the points. Fielding A’s finished the group with a 100% record and a very impressive 21 tries! The B’s next opponents unfortunately did show up, St. Raphael’s B’s inflicted a first defeat on Fielding with a 5-2 win. Fielding B were drawn in a bigger group than the A’s and so had an extra game to play before the group games concluded. With 2 wins and 1 defeat and only the top 2 teams progressing to the knockout stages it was all to play for. Step up Christ the Saviour B’s. This was another fiercely contested game with the teams neck and neck all through the game. The B’s ran their socks off for the 10 minute game but when the final whistle blew we had lost 4-3! 

So with fingers crossed all 29 teams got together to await the news of whether they were progressing to the next stage. The A’s were waiting to hear who they had drawn in the quarter finals after winning every game, but for some reason Fielding wasn’t called out in the draw. Is it possible that a team who had won every game they played in the group stage didn’t make it through? Apparently not, but due to some kind of admin error it did almost happen. Luckily the mistake was fixed and we heard we had Christ the Saviour A’s in the next round. A sigh of relief all round! Next up the teams from the B league were being announced. With 2 wins and 2 losses it was still possible that the B’s might have qualified in 2nd place but it wasn’t to be. Great effort from the B’s though and like true sportsmen and women they got on with things and made their way over to the quarter final pitch to support the A’s.

Quarter final. Fielding A’s versus Christ the Saviour A’s. A chance for the A’s to beat the school that quite possibly stopped the B’s from progressing. Whistle blew and we were off. Fielding started with the ball and started making ground straight away. After some great runs and even better passing we were 1 up. Christ the Saviour had the ball and although the A’s defended valiantly it was soon 1-1. This back forth continued until we got to half time. After a truly inspirational team talk from Mr Thomas, Fielding A’s took to the field again with a look of determination in their eyes. The B’s were on the side-lines giving some amazing support which spurred the A’s on even more. We had to force a turnover and after some great pressure we did. Confidence grew in the team and the score finished 6-4 Fielding. 

Semi final and the A’s had drawn Gifford A’s. Word around the rugby field was they were a very tough team to beat. It didn’t matter to us, we wanted to get to the final and win and to get there you have to beat the best. The whistle blew and within minutes Gifford were 1 up. The A’s were very confident with the ball though and knew they could score if they had the ball. However, very uncharacteristically mistakes started to creep into our game. Dropped balls, forward passes and running into touch. Gifford went 2 up and some heads started to drop. We got to half time 3-0 down but we just about had the belief that we might turn this around. The second half started and we managed to get a try back but in the end Gifford were too strong and beat us 5-1.

So that was the end of our first tournament of the year and it shows a very promising start. One team with some great rugby who were unlucky not to make the knockout stages and another who went home with 3rd place medals. The whole school are very proud of the rugby guys and girls and they all should be very proud of themselves! Onto the next one now. Come on Fielding!!

Contact Details and Useful Links