contact-us twitter arrow-right arrow-down search facebook map email close arrow-left arrow-up translate

Main Header

School Logo


Primary School and Nursery

Interactive Bar

Voluntary donation

Why ask families for a donation?

Our annual parent survey in 2018 asked parents for their views about:

  • how money is spent in school,
  • whether parents would be prepared to make a voluntary contribution,
  • how much parents might be prepared to donate.

We have used this information to guide our decision making.

What about Gift Aid?

Academy schools can claim Gift Aid because they are regulated charities according to legislation. Charities are able to claim Gift Aid from HMRC.

Fielding Primary is not an academy. Fielding Primary is a maintained primary school. Fielding Primary is not able to register as a charity.

Fielding Primary PTFA is a registered charity and can claim Gift Aid from HMRC. The Governing Board and Chair of PTFA decided that it is unreasonable to expect the PTFA Treasurer to comply with all HMRC requirements when this is a voluntary role.

For any substantial donations, we recommend these are made to the PTFA who will claim Gift Aid. Please talk to us if needed.

Can I make a donation using tax-free childcare vouchers?

No. The government's rules say that Tax-Free Childcare can only be used to pay for approved childcare, for example:

  • childminders, nurseries and nannies
  • after school clubs and play schemes.

Contact Details and Useful Links