Fielding welcomes 3-11 year old children, serving the Northfields community of Ealing:
- 120 places in each age group from Reception (start of statutory school age) to Year 2
- 128 places from Year 3 to Year 6 (final primary year before transfer to High school);
- 4 classes of up to 30 children in Years Reception, 1 and 2
- 4 classes of up to 32 children in Years 3, 4, 5, and 6
- 100 place, teacher led, Nursery day-care from 7.30am-6pm
- wrap around childcare and specialist co-curricular clubs from 7.30am-6pm
Our school is a fantastic place to learn, achieve and thrive. With excellent teaching and an engaging curriculum we are committed to help every child excel and reach their potential – academically and socially.
Joining our school
Starting school in Nursery or Reception for the first time is a milestone in a child's life. Other children join us from local schools, by moving into our area from other parts of the UK or abroad. Everyone is welcome:
All about us
We are proud of our spacious site with its modern facilities, superb resources and happy, purposeful atmosphere. Outside, our large field enables children to take part in a wide range of sports and play with friends. Excellence in PE, sports, music and French are particular strengths of the school. Pupils enjoy gardening and growing our own produce in our 'Kitchen Garden', including caring for our tame hens.
For working parents, a breakfast club, after-school and holiday childcare service is operated by the school on-site.
Our Values-based philosophy underpins the way that we work, instilling our children with core values, including honesty, co-operation, tolerance, love, respect, determination and happiness. This combined with our wonderful facilities and safe, nurturing environment, enables our children to enjoy their learning, achieve excellent results and develop the confidence to succeed.
We welcome all children – no matter what their individual needs – and strive to include them with additional support in all areas of the curriculum. We aim for every child to make progress whatever their starting point or background.
Children feel proud to be part of Fielding. All children wear our school uniform, consisting of a white or blue shirt, blouse or polo shirt; grey trousers, skirt or pinafore; blue jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt with logo (available from school); blue and white summer dress; plain black shoes. PE kit according to house colour.
Hot meals are prepared and cooked daily on site by Harrisons’ Catering Services, including freshly baked bread and a salad bar. A vegetarian option is always available. Meals can be taken on a day-by-day basis with payment being made in advance.
All children are encouraged to walk, scooter or cycle to school. Cycle shelters and scooter parks are provided on site.
We help our pupils to become life-long learners by developing transferable skills to equip them to succeed in the 21st century. We believe that every child can fulfil their potential and are committed to children’s wider well-being by:
- developing a love and enjoyment of learning, forming friendships and leaving with fond memories of Fielding.
- inspiring each child to become an effective learner and achieve the highest educational standards that they possibly can;
- encouraging children to develop a moral compass and contribute positively to the school and wider community;
- recognising and nurturing each child’s individual talents;
- promoting healthy lifestyles through a range of opportunities in and out of school;
- ensuring attendance at school by working in partnership with our community to value education, promoting the view that effort and achievement lead to self-improvement and fulfilment;
- engaging and helping parents to actively support their children’s learning and development;
- safeguarding children and actively tackling all forms of bullying, discrimination and harassment;