Inclusion and SEN&D Information
Supporting Children with Additional Needs in Nursery
Ms May's is the Dragonfly teacher and Nursery SEN lead. She oversees and plans the interventions that are delivered daily to children who may need extra support with language development, social interaction, turn taking and attention.
At Nursery we have access to outside agencies such as:
- NHS Speech and Language – speech sound concerns, delayed speech
- NHS Occupational Therapy – fine or gross motor concerns
- Ealing SEN Inclusion team – any concerns about cognitive learning or behaviour
- Ealing Early Start – support at home
- Ealing Family support – workshops, training , support at home
Ms May will contact you to discuss any concerns about your child and together you can make a plan moving forwards, whether that is support at home or seeking more specialist advice from outside agencies. Each process can take anywhere from a few weeks to months, so the earlier interventions can begin the better outcomes for your child.
If you have concerns about your child’s development or would like more information on the services nursery can offer, please email Ms May on firstname.lastname@example.org
If needed Ms May can then start the process of referring your child to the appropriate agency for support.
You can view our whole school Inclusion, SEN&D and Local Offer here