Signing up for lessons
Click here for the 'EMS Instrumental Tuition Booking form'.
If you complete this before Friday 21st May 2021 we should be able to offer your child lessons starting in the Autumn term 2021 providing we have the capacity.
Signing up for instrumental lessons at Fielding
At Fielding we encourage children to understand that signing up to learn a musical instrument is a hugely rewarding experience but also one that requires long term commitment, perseverance and investment in time. We also make it clear that practise is required for more than just one term. Please see ‘What we offer page’ for information on the range of instruments and prices we offer before signing up for lessons. Lessons are open to all Key Stage 2 pupils and for Year 2 pupils we offer tuition on Piano, Violin, Cello and Guitar. When timetabling, we will first ensure we have the capacity to maintain provision for Key Stage 2 pupils who are continuing before timetabling new learners.
Booking lessons using an online form
- Parents/guardians wishing to enrol a son/daughter for tuition in the academic year 2021-2022 should read the terms and conditions and Click Here to complete the online Microsoft form titled 'EMS Instrumental Tuition Booking Form'. No paper forms or emails will be accepted.
- Please note the moment you submit the booking form and agree to the terms and conditions you are signing up to instrumental tuition. You agree for your child to be timetabled and are therefore liable to pay fees from the date you submit the form.
- When your child has been timetabled for lessons, you will be emailed prior to the start of the new term and the appropriate fee will then be added to your MCAS account ready for payment.
- You can sign up for instrumental tuition at any point during the year using the Microsoft booking form but please note that we usually timetable half a term in advance, so if booking forms are received prior to half term we can process it in time for them to start lessons in the following term, subject to availability.
- If we are unable to add your child to a timetable, due to capacity constraints or the form was submitted past a deadline they will be added to the waiting list and you will be notified by email when a space becomes available. If you are on the waiting list but wish to be removed please inform us in writing by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible.
- In the event that there are a significant number of children on a waiting list, Fielding will liaise carefully with EMS to identify extra tutorial hours for the instrument in question, or we may be able to offer you tuition on an alternative instrument.
Before starting lessons, you will need to ensure your child has an instrument and a suitable notebook which can be used as a practise diary. Please familiarise yourself with the information on our Instrumental tuition webpages on this website, especially the Terms and Conditions. Often updates regarding instrumental tuition will be emailed to you via MCAS or from the EMS tutor directly. At the start of each term you will need to check the ‘Timetables’ section of the Music webpage to inform your child of their teacher, lesson time and day. Teachers may often collect your child on the first week of every term but after that they will be expected to attend their lesson at the correct time independently.
Questions or concerns
Any questions regarding instrumental tuition please refer to our website and our ‘FAQs’ or Terms and Conditions pages and if your question is not answered please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your query. If you are concerned with any aspects of your child’s instrumental tuition, please communicate with the tutor via email or contact the Specialist Music Teacher. email@example.com. The Specialist Music teacher will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible but please note emails regarding instrumental tuition are processed on Mondays.
If your child currently has instrumental lessons at Fielding they will automatically be timetabled for the following term unless we receive an online cancellation form before the cancellation deadline (published in the terms and conditions). If we do not receive a cancellation with half a term’s notice prior to the new term, you will be charged for the next term’s lessons. Please see the cancellation page for more information.