Reception & Nursery school tours and visiting Fielding
Open mornings and evenings for prospective parents and pupils wanting to join our school in September 2021 have been cancelled as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We would like to welcome you to our school and meet you face-to-face but must limit visitors to the school site to keep our pupils safe in their class and year group 'bubbles'.
Watch our welcome and virtual tour by school leaders, teachers and pupils:
Joining Fielding Nursery
Fielding Nursery offers learning and day care within a teacher-led school setting for 3 and 4 year old children, from 7.30am until 6pm daily, including school holidays.
Find out more about joining our Nursery:
- Visit Fielding, Nursery
All admissions to Nursery are managed by the school. Contact our Nursery team about your child's place:
We welcome 120 pupils, who turn 5 years old between 1 September 2021 and 31 August 2022, organised into 4 classes with their own class teacher and other adults to care for children and help them thrive. Find out more about our Early Years phase, Nursery and Reception, at Fielding:
- Visit Early Years at Fielding
All admissions enquiries and applications for Reception are managed by Ealing Council's schools admissions team:
Children who are not offered a place in Reception, year 1 or 2, may have another chance to join Fielding from year 3 because we increase class sizes.
Ealing Council makes decisions for admissions to Fielding for pupils entering Reception to Year 6, in-line with all local community Primary schools. Prospective parents should contact Ealing Council to find out about admission arrangements and to enquire about waiting lists.
Ealing Council also publishes admissions criteria for all community Primary schools, including Fielding, each year.
Joining Fielding from another local school or moving into the area
- 120 children into each age group in Reception, years 1 & 2, organised into 4 classes. There are up to 30 pupils in each class.
- 128 children into each age group in years 3, 4, 5 & 6, organised into 4 classes. There are up to 32 pupils in each class.
Children who are not offered a place in Reception, years 1 or 2, may have another chance to join Fielding from year 3 because our class sizes increase.
Some children join Fielding from other local schools, from schools elsewhere in the UK or from overseas during the school year, all known as 'in-year' admissions.
Last updated: Friday 16 July 2021
In-year admissions for Fielding are managed centrally by Ealing Council and are based on the current admission criteria for community schools. Steps to joining Fielding:
- Contact the school admissions team at Ealing Council, Ealing School Admissions
- Once you have been notified by Ealing Council of a place at Fielding for your child(ren), make arrangements to visit us. Contact Admissions at Fielding by telephone or through our Contact Form
- An Assistant Head teacher will meet you and your child(ren) to tour the school and answer any questions that you may have. We will ask adult visitors to wear a face-covering to protect our class and year group bubbles.
- When a child is transferring from another Ealing school, the Head teacher will also meet you and your child(ren).
Key Information for New Joiners
If your child is leaving Fielding Primary School before the end of Year 6, please complete the Leavers form as soon as possible and return to the school office. This is essential as the school must inform Ealing Admissions of all joiners and leavers throughout the academic year. If you have any questions or queries, please speak to our Admissions Officer.