What is the PE and sports premium?
The PE and Sport Premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
There are 5 key indicators where schools should expect to see improvements as a result of the funding:
- engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school;
- profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement;
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
- increased participation in competitive sport.
These indicators align with our curriculum goals and provision.
Each year we publish how we have spent our allocation.