- Thinking about how people are feeling.
- Considering the feelings of other before you act/react.
- Putting yourself in someone else's shoes and consider how they are feeling and thinking.
- Is being aware of how we might impact the feelings of others.
Related values for empathy:
March Values Resources
You can now see our Values assemblies here to learn all about our focus values
Monday 22nd June- Mrs Haines:
Monday 29th June- Mr Dunmall:
Values at home
To keep up with our Moral and Values education there will be a series of tasks posted on here linked to the core and linked value of the month. Please read the Values resources below and see how many of the Values tasks you can do in a month. This month’s challenge is to complete 5 out of the 8 challenges.
Jul core Value: Empathy
June KS2 Value: Kindness
Home Values Challenge Tasks:
Can you complete 5 of the challenges below?
- Ask 3 people over the month how they are feeling.
- Think of 5 things you like about yourself.
- Do 4 random acts of kindness across the month.
- Ask to help someone without them asking you first.
- Write a story or recount about a day in your family but from the perspective of someone else. Think about what their thoughts and feelings would be.
- Create a poem about the feelings people can have.
- Draw a picture to show kindness.
- Write a little note for someone in your home and leave it somewhere to surprise them.