Term Time Sessions
All sessions take place in the nursery environment led by the Early Years Teacher and a dedicated nursery team. The session times are the same throughout the year and parents can choose a pattern to suit their child and the needs of the family.
- Early morning session, including breakfast 7.30am-8am
- Morning session, including hot lunch 8am-1pm
- Afternoon session, including light meal 1pm-6pm
Nursery term dates are the same as for the rest of the school, you can access the term dates here
Fielding Nursery offers considerable flexibility, subject to availability, when choosing term time care for a child including options for:
- Part-time/full time, mixing any combination of sessions over a week in a set pattern
- Early morning breakfast session
- Later drop off (full fee still applies)
- Earlier pick up (full fee still applies)
- Occasional ad-hoc sessions (additional fee applies)
- Increasing sessions within a term (subject to availability)
Young children learn best when they are in a consistent routine. Once sessions have been booked and allocated they can only be stopped completely, reduced or changed with a full term’s notice which must be in advance. Requests to increase sessions can be at any time. All changes and increases are subject to availability of spaces. You will be invoiced monthly via your Laser account. For full information on fees click here
Parents may drop children off between 8am to 9am for the Morning session and between 1pm to 1.15pm for the Afternoon session. However, a full fee for each session will be incurred if a child is dropped off after the start of the session or collected before the end of the session. The early session for breakfast is between 7.30am and 8am and breakfast cannot be provided after 8am as the next session begins at that time.
Nursery Training Day Closures:
Please note that nursery is closed for staff training as follows:
Monday 1 November 2021
Wednesday 20 April 2022
Queen's Platinum Jubilee additional closure date
Tuesday 19 April 2022
All schools have an extra day of holiday as a result of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee during this school year. Our school term and holiday dates change:
- Tuesday 19 April 2022, extra Occasional Day. School is closed to all pupils and staff;
- Wednesday 20 April 2022, Nursery is closed to pupils. Nursery staff training day;
- Thursday 21 April 2022, nursery open to pupils
The government changed the rules about the number of days that schools must be open to pupils as a result of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in June. Schools must now open for 189 pupil days (rather than 190 days) to give schools an extra day’s closure for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Most schools will be away on half term on 3 June 2022, the date of the extra bank holiday, and so are permitted to close on an extra day of their choice.
To reduce inconvenience to parents and give families a longer school holiday, we have added the day to the end of the Easter holiday.
Tuesday 19 April 2022