March is Le mois de la Francophonie (Francophonie Month)
It has been a real pleasure to be back in the classroom this week with the children. I have been so impressed with the progress the children have made in French whilst learning remotely. What better time to celebrate this hard work and perseverance than during Le mois de la Francophonie (Francophonie month), a global celebration of the diversity of those who speak French.
During the month of March, the French Institute has a number of events to celebrate Le mois de la Francophonie. The following may be of particular interest to our pupils:
- A French pop video competition ideal for upper KS2 linguists and musicians. Deadline is 31st March.
- A free screening of a well-known French children's story 'Les Malheurs de Sophie'. Available until 9th April.
- Free on-line French books with narration. (registration required)
Also, just to remind you that our French page on the Fielding website (click here) has a wealth of carefully selected resources and games that the children are familiar with and have enjoyed, particularly during this period of remote learning. These are available to use at any time and are fantastic to promote the children's (and your own) French learning. Some of the children's favourite are:
- The animations available on Tivi5Monde+
- The challenge-related interactive games (look out for the yellow stars on the French page to take you to your child's current French challenge).
- French games online