Nursery and childcare, 4 more confirmed cases
We have been advised by Public Health England of confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the Nursery and Breakfast Club for the main school. Three more members of staff who work in Nursery and wrap-around childcare have tested positive. One Nursery pupil has also tested positive. We wish them well.
Some close contacts are already self-isolating at home. There is no further action for these people:
- Nursery staff, who are already self-isolating at home;
- Nursery pupils, who are already self-isolating at home;
- Reception pupils who attended Breakfast Club last week, who are already self-isolating at home;
Other close contacts have been identified and contacted by email or telephone today. This includes:
- 2 other pupils who attended Breakfast Club today;
- 2 other pupils / siblings who were in close contact with the infected child over the weekend;
- If we have not contacted you, then your child is not a close contact.
These pupils and members of staff will now self-isolate at home for up to 10 days before returning to their usual activities. It is important that we all play our part in reducing the spread of infection in our school and community.
The main school, Breakfast Club and After-school Club for all other pupils is open.
We know that you may find this worrying but we are continuing to monitor the situation. We are optimistic that these cases are contained within our Nursery and/or childcare 'bubbles'. We are working with Public Health England, following their requirements for schools and have informed the local authority.
Please be vigilant and act on any sign of symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).