PTFA Simple ways to raise money for school
The current situation with the pandemic leaves us parents and PTFA with limited options for school fundraising events, so we would like to share simple ways you can raise money for school, simply by shopping online or checking with your company for employee contribution schemes.
Sign up to:
- Amazon Smile
- Give as you live (Gayl)
- Employee Match funding or Payroll giving
1. Amazon Smile
If you shop with Amazon please register and use AmazonSmile selecting your charity as "Fielding Primary School Parent Teacher And Friends Association".
Amazon donates a percentage to Fielding PTFA, at no cost to you. It's easy to set up and takes 5 mins. AmazonSmile is available on most browsers and in the Amazon Shopping App to all AmazonSmile customers using supported Android devices.
We have positive feedback from parents that it works well and over £300 has been raised for school funds.
To set it up, use these simple instructions:
- Visit smile.amazon.co.uk
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Choose our charity "Fielding Primary School Parent Teacher And Friends Association". https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1036586-0
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.co.uk to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile
To set up Amazon Shopping app:
- Make sure you're signed up for AmazonSmile (as shown above)
- Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app for iOS or Android
- Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰)
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
2. Give As You Live (GAYL)
Raise money from your purchases online by using Give As You Live (GAYL) with companies like John Lewis, Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury participating. It is a fuss free and totally FREE way of raising funds for the school by doing your online shopping.
Go to https://www.giveasyoulive.com/ and create an account selecting Fielding Primary School PTFA as your charity. Download the Donation reminder for your desktop or laptop which reminds you to use GAYL while shopping online or on your tablet or smartphone, download the app. One parent has raised £50 from just running it on their laptop this year.
3. Employee Match funding or Payroll giving
Get in touch with your employee about payroll giving or match funding schemes they run where the employer makes contributions. This has already been set up on platforms such as Brevity (which companies like Samsumg, AstraZeneca, SAP, Microsoft Apple use) or Charities Trust.
Please check with your employer if they have a scheme in place. GSK for example donated £1500 to us last year through parents who work at the company. If you need further help to apply for the funding please get in touch email@example.com.