contact-us twitter arrow-right arrow-down search facebook map email close arrow-left arrow-up translate

Main Header

School Logo


Primary School and Nursery

Interactive Bar

Small fire in kitchen during cookery lesson

A pan fire during Class 3P's (Miss Augustine) cookery lesson was put out quickly by school staff.

Pupils were in the middle of their lesson when cooking oil in a pan on the hob caught light. Miss Augustine used a fire blanket to contain the fire. All pupils in the School House evacuated safely. The main school was unaffected.

London Fire Brigade attended promptly but the fire had already been completely put out by site staff using fire extinguishers.

London Ambulance Service checked Miss Augustine, Ciaran and Piotr. Ciaran and Piotr visited hospital and were treated for minor smoke inhalation. 

Firefighters spoke to pupils afterwards, answering questions and thanking them for being so calm and safely evacuating the kitchen.

Cooking lessons for all classes are postponed while we clean and repair the School House kitchen.   

Contact Details and Useful Links