Parents you are now able to apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment of £500, if your child is asked to self-isolate. This payment ensures that parents receive the financial support they need if they are unable to attend work due to childcare responsibilities.
If you meet the eligibility criteria you will need to apply to Ealing Council (if you live in Ealing) to receive a payment.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- your child has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by school because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus
- you are the parent or guardian of a child in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate. This is limited to one parent or guardian per household for the child’s self-isolation period
- you are employed or self-employed
- you cannot work from home while undertaking caring responsibilities and will lose income as a result
- you meet all the other means-tested eligibility criteria for a Test and Trace Support Payment
Find out more, and apply to Ealing Council here