Welcome back to school guide for pupils
We are ready to welcome every pupil back to school from Thursday 3 September. Nursery, Reception and Years 1 to 6 all return to full-time school on Thursday. Breakfast club, after-school club and specialist clubs start too.
Pupils and parents are encouraged to read our 'Welcome back to school' booklet together so that you know how school will look and feel to keep you safe:
The government expects all pupils to return to school so that teaching and learning continues for all children. The government has published guides for parents, including:
We are following all of the latest government guidance for primary schools. We are doing everything that we can to work, teach and learn while reducing the risk of spreading coronavirus. We want to prevent closure or partial closure as best we can. Class and/or year group 'bubbles' may close and be sent home for self-isolation if a local outbreak is suspected and following advice from Public Health experts.
My plea to parents. Help us to stay open. Follow all government, council and our advice to control the virus, including:
- attend school only when well (and be cautious with any hint of symptoms or known contact with an infected person);
- respect and follow quarantine rules for 'red list' countries after any overseas travel;
- use the NHS Test and Trace process if needed;
- regular hand-washing at home before and after school;
- use 'catch-it, kill-it, bin-it' for personal hygiene;
- maintain social distancing;
- follow the rules for household gatherings, including 'play-dates' for children;
- check our COVID-19 information as needed.