Year 1, Reception and Nursery, confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19)
We have been advised by Public Health England of a confirmed case of COVID-19 within Year 1, Reception and Nursery. One more member of staff who works in Nursery, Reception and Year 1 has tested positive. We wish her well.
Some close contacts are already self-isolating at home. There is no further action for these people:
- Nursery staff, who are already self-isolating at home;
- Nursery pupils, who are already self-isolating at home;
- Reception pupils who attended Breakfast Club last week, who are already self-isolating at home;
Other close contacts have been identified and contacted by email or telephone today. This includes:
- Class 1H, all adults and pupils
- Class RH, all adults and pupils
- Reception Phonics teaching group who join Class RH, 5 pupils and 2 adults
- If we have not contacted you, then your child is not a close contact.
These pupils and members of staff will now self-isolate at home for up to 10 days before returning to their usual activities. It is important that we all play our part in reducing the spread of infection in our school and community.
The main school, Breakfast Club and After-school Club for all other pupils is open.
We know that you may find this worrying but we are continuing to monitor the situation. We are optimistic that these cases are contained within our Nursery and/or childcare 'bubbles'. We are working with Public Health England, following their requirements for schools and have informed the local authority.
Please be vigilant and act on any sign of symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).