'Assignments' are coming in Teams - Years 2,3 and 5
Last week I wrote to you about the use of assignments in Microsoft Teams, this will be rolled out for all classes after the half-term break. From next week classes in Years 2, 3 and 5 will be trialling this approach. This trial is to help us get used to this way of setting remote learning, it should make it easier to find and complete learning.
What does this mean?
By clicking on the ‘Assignments’ tab at the top of the class team, you will be able to see all work set in all subjects in one place.
- Each assignment will have instructions explaining what you need to do in order to complete the learning
- All documents, and any web link including to the Oak National Academy videos will all be in one place
- You will upload your work to the assignments section of the class team
- The timetable on the Welcome Page will no longer have links to lessons and lesson materials. You will still be able to find links to assemblies from here.
- We will aim for assignments will be set on a Friday afternoon for parents who would like to get organised for the week in advance but no expectation to start work until the Monday morning
- Assignments will have a due date making it easy to know when learning should be completed by
- All notifications for assignments will go to the 'General' notification’ channel, all other class messages, questions and answers will be in a new 'Ask the Teacher' channel
Find out more: