COVID Jan 21, Welcome back children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable
We are looking forward to welcome 212 pupils, children of key-workers or those pupils who are vulnerable, back to school on Tuesday 5 January.
- Soft-start, from 8.30-9am, as usual.
- Use our preferred gates and doors, as usual, at drop-off and collection time, so that we are spread out across the school site.
- Strict 2m social distancing
- Face-coverings are optional but should not lead to a false sense of safety. Keep 2m distancing at all times;
- Please avoid hugs and greetings with others. Some parents were lax about distancing at the end of last term.
- Uniform, lunch and PE arrangements, as usual.
- No specialist clubs, cooking, gardening, or class performance assemblies.
- Book Breakfast Club and After-school Club as needed, through MyChildatSchool (MCAS). Tell us if you need to switch a specialist club to childcare.
We want to stay open for as long as possible to as many pupils as we can. The risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection is high as a result of the new variant:
- If your child, or anyone in your household shows symptoms, please be extra-cautious, protect the 'bubble', and keep your child at home:
- phone our absence line,
- or complete our form.
- Class bubbles are small, as close to 15 pupils each, as we can. Reception and Year 1 pupils are using double-size classroom spaces.
- Break time, lunch times and any wrap-around childcare will stay in the same consistent class bubbles.
- Teachers will focus on 2m distancing - as best as we can for younger pupils, getting stricter with age.
Help us to stay open and protect other key-workers by being rigorous about acting on any symptoms, distancing and hand-washing.