Open to the end of term
School remains open to the end of term on Friday 18 December. All parts of school, including Nursery, clubs and childcare will remain open. Classes finish at 3.30pm with Nursery, clubs and childcare finishing at their usual times.
The government suggested to schools yesterday that we could adjust term dates and close to pupils on Thursday 17 December, add a training day for teachers on Friday with pupils returning to school a day earlier in January. This is to give staff a rest on Christmas Eve in case we needed to do any COVID-19 contact tracing after the end of term.
We have decided that changing term dates is too disruptive compared to the low chance of needing to trace contacts on Christmas Eve. We will trace contacts, if needed, on Christmas Eve.
We want to stay open to as many pupils as possible to the end of term. None of us want to fall ill with COVID-19 or need to self-isolate over the Christmas holiday break.
Please continue to help us work and stay COVID-safe to the end of term by:
- social distancing at drop-off and collection;
- pupils hand-washing at home before and after school;
- keeping pupils at home if they show any symptoms of coronavirus infection or if there is a positive case in your household.
We will be tracing close contacts of any confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection over the school holiday period:
- If your child has a positive test result during the school holidays, please tell us:
- We will check by 10am each morning and contact any other pupils (and/or staff) by email message.